What are the taxes and levies that will be subsumed in GST?
Following are the taxes and levies that will be subsumed under GST:
1. Central Excise Duty
2. Additional Excise Duties
3. Excise Duty levied under the Medicinal and Toilet Preparation (Excise Duties) Act, 1955.
4. Service Tax
5. Additional Customs Duty commonly known as Countervailing Duty (CVD)
6. Special Additional Duty of Customs (SAD)
7. Surcharges and Cesses levied by Centre, so far as they relate to the supply of goods and services
8. Central Sales Tax
9. State VAT/Sales Tax
10. Entertainment Tax (other than the tax levied by the local bodies)
11. Octroi and Entry Tax
12. Purchase Tax
13. Luxury Tax
14. Taxes on lottery, betting and gambling
15. Surcharges and Cesses levied by State, so far as they relate to the supply of goods and services.